My ambition
Honestly, I don't really have an ambition of my own. I did think about being a doctor, fireman or even a policeman. However, after much thought, I found out that I don't really fit into those jobs as they carry heavy responsibility in them and I am afraid I won't be able to assume that responsibility. I do have interests though. Interests are in cooking, sports and IT. You may ask why I don't goal on becoming good in these interests of mine. Reason with sports is that I would always lose touch with that sport if I did not touched it for at least one or two months. As for the reason with IT, there is a lot of things that require you to remember and so you must have a good memory in order to do that and I know my limits. I am not someone who is good in remembering things. As for why I do not want to be a cook, the reason may be that I am not that good in terms of cooking. I just like trying out new tastes. Examples are instant noodles. You may think that cooking them is just putting them in boilling water and draining the water off after it is cooked. But for me, I would always try to experiment different taste by adding something funny to make the noodle taste nice. There are sometimes that the results don't turn out as expected but overall, I think I did ok. You may not believe it but there was once or twice I tried adding cheese into the noodle and it turned out fine I guess :P
You may ask why what is stopping me from having or think about my ambitions. One of the reason stopping me fom having ambitions is my results. Why?? Reason is that I feel that my results are not good enough and that I myself am not confident of passing secondary 4 and into a good poly. And once I get into poly, it is only then will I seriously think about my ambitions as I think poly is the time when we pick up some skills to use when we get into the society to work. And having ambitions before you get to poly is quite a risky choice. I mean, what would you do if you can't reach your goal? Would you just give up, or change your ambition? For me, I don't want to have any regrets just because I can't achieve my goal and so, I choose to think of my ambitions only after I got some good results.
And that's about it I guess. Having ambitions is a good thing but not having ambitions may not seem to be a bad thing either. After all that, if you really still want me to give you an ambition, I can only say that I hope to soar in my studies and for that, I would surely work harder.
(498 words)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home